Early yesterday morning it happened. At 8 A.M eastern standard time the new Chelsea Trader Joe’s opened it doors for the first time (insert screams of delight here) and put the SUPER back into our MARKETS! A new, bigger space than the Union Square location is laid out well. Thanks to the wide aisles traffic reports have yet to contain mass congestion or mayhem (as of yet.)
If you are foreign to the trader of Joe’s, I’ll give you a quick low down…. On what you need to know
- Motto, “It’s not complicated. We just focus on what matters — great food + great prices = Value”, done by using unbranded items that will soon become your favorites.
- For all you crazy little health nuts (me included), you better sit down for this one…. finest quality, natural ingredients, NO artificial flavors, colors or preservatives, NO genetically modified ingredients, NO MSG, NO added Trans Fats. That’s quite a name, if we do say so ourselves
- Everything is always on SALE, day in and day out; thus no coupons, no membership cards, no confusing price discounts. Not a joke my grocery bill was cut in half !
- Joe’s brings the best quality products at the best prices. It may be a seasonal product, You wont find brand names here either which may be unnerving at first but branch out, try something new (and good for you)
- Old fashioned stores and (wait for it… wait for it…) actually friendly employees who must have come from California? Because they are mad friendly and excited. Which is so not the typical New Yorker’s mentality. Staff is officially uniformed in Hawaiian shirts, not common among runway model attire but because… they are traders on the culinary seas, searching the world over for cool items to bring home to our customers – see cheesy but cute.
- What’s with all the Bells?!?! Trader Joes Morris code – a island style intercom. Don’t worry about it.
- Chelsea creatively titled New York themed sections, like the “Meat District” and the “Flatiron District” coffee bar, but they peter out later with names like “Chelsea Cheese” and “Bread-Way” (oh wait! Bread-Way, we get it now!). Cheesy but all in good fun
- Rumored Upper West Side Trader Joe’s – (insert Debbie downer voice here) the has yet to be designed, thus no projected opening date.
- Oh, If you bring your own bag, you will be entered into a weekly drawing to win $25.00 worth of free groceries.
This store is great for the environment and for your body, wallet, and for a daily dose of sanity in the big apple – that just happens to be the apple of our eyes. Way to go Trader Joe’s Chelsea for adding a little more lovely. We welcome you with open arms. Let’s hear it for NEW YORK!